Saturday, May 12, 2012

74.


     Okay, so this man play his cello on the high line all the time. I've seen him most every time I go up there. He gets all dressed up and play his worn out, yet beautifully kept up cello. People will stop by and listen for a couple of minutes but leave before the song is over. Others will make their kids listen for a while, in what I can only guess is an attempt to expose them to art - give the kid a dollar to but in his case and then they walk away too. Today, there was this old man who had pulled up a chair, not 15 feet away, and was just listening intently. He had quite a crowd - he received applause. Previously I have seen him get no more than a couple of claps form passerbys. I love this guy. He has such passion, it is wonderful to hear him play. 
    Today I had the idea that I wanted to do a photo project on him. I have never spoken to him yet he seems fascinating. Why does dress like that? Where was he trained? Where is he from? I just love cello music and how he goes about doing it. I have no idea how I would go about doing that, I have to ask people but I found much solace in thinking that I will know where to find him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment