Monday, August 15, 2011
17.
It feels like fall. The weather is still around 80 and the days continue to be longer than those of fall, still I can't help but realize the summer is over. This has seriously been the quickest summer of my 19 years. I feel like I just got home. I spent my whole summer day to day, work schedule to work schedule. It was debilitatingly insipid. I had so many plans for this summer, so many places I was going to go, so many things I was going to photograph, so many people I was going to talk to....nope.
Any way, today I became incredibly nostalgic. I realized that I won't have my peaceful 'country home' for much longer. Not that I'm complaining, but soon I will be back in NYC - back to the dense air, sleepless streets and celebrity. I love both places, both such different atmospheres so equally that I cannot even explain. I just love everything - the city, the country, the sea - I seriously couldn't choose, I can't choose. That being said, I came to the sad realization that I will soon be leaving my woods and decided that I should photograph my yard.
As Irene put it, I Luna Lovegooded around my yard - without shoes, with my pants rolled up. I think I may miss her most of all. Even with working every day, I saw her every day. It's not like we ever had the most stimulating conversations, but I see her every day and not seeing her for months is going to be so bizarre. I don't think I've really ever called some one a best friend had the sentiment reciprocated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment