This is a fake movie trailer I did for my design 4 class. The assignment was to pick a Brothers Grimm fairy tale and make a trailer for a film we would make with the material. I did Snow White. I set my fake movie in modern times. It is a story about young girl (for in the original text she is seven when the queen tries to have her killed) whose affinity for apples has earned the nick-name 'Snow White.' Other than that, it's the basic story - older woman, her stepmother become jealous of her youth and beauty and hires some one to dispose of her. I guess my film would have been more about our obsession with youth and I could have went crazy with the mentally unstable stepmother and developed that character into something fun to watch.
As for the title sequence, I like when title sequences are boring so that it forces the viewer to read the text. Also, yes, I cast real actors in my fake movie. Since you only see my mom's hands, I gave them to Elizabeth McGovern - I had been in an Elizabeth McGovern mood and I also gave Toni Collette a role. She would have played the neighbor that realizes what going on and attempts to stop it.
I also enjoyed doing this because I love kids - Evelyne was great to work with, not to mention adorable. Snow White is supposed to have lips red as blood and hair black as night - I made a reference to the blood with Rita pricking her finger and by using lip stain that some of my class said what unnoticeable and others said was too over the top. Personally, I like the stain - I think it worked. As for the hair, I had a blonde - you win some you loose some, it's an interpretation of the text ;). I can deal with it considering how comfortable she was in front of the camera. Although I fear I may have misspelled her name - I do not know if it is Evalyne or Evelyne - but I am most certain that misspelled the name of my LEAD in the credits...
The movie posters were extra credit - upon my request :)
DISCLAIMER: THE SNOW WHITE CHARACTER DOES NOT DIE.
No children were harmed in the making of this video



No comments:
Post a Comment