THE HEART OF ME (2002)
Directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan
Photography by Gyula Pados
Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Williams and Paul Bettany
"You see Jack, I've had an eventful year. I died and was brought back to life. . .pulled out of grave. I have no idea why."
Okay, let's be honest, I watched this because Helena Bonham Carter is one of my favorites, like top five, but this was a actually good movie - it wasn't just beautiful. That happens some times - I watch a movie to see HBC and it ends up being good. I will watch movies just to see other of my favorites and then I end up watching Slaves of New York. BBC good for quality though, well, at least BBC is good for what I want to watch.
I mean, it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but I did enjoy it. I neither loved nor hated any of characters - except the mother, I hated her. All the characters had their good and bad and the relationships between them were complex, yet it was strangely slow pace - which I like. The lives of these people were so seamlessly interwoven - I found myself rooting for an adulterous man to be with his wife's sister. They go through so much and. . .UGH - I don't want to give away anything more than IMDB but the writers/director/actors really made me grow very attached to these characters.
It was very theatrical which, not surprisingly, appealed very much to me. The light was unrealistic but simple and beautiful. It was very much the way we like to style the 1930's from the 21st century yet realistic enough that it was believable.
Directed by Thaddeus O'Sullivan
Photography by Gyula Pados
Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Williams and Paul Bettany
"You see Jack, I've had an eventful year. I died and was brought back to life. . .pulled out of grave. I have no idea why."
Okay, let's be honest, I watched this because Helena Bonham Carter is one of my favorites, like top five, but this was a actually good movie - it wasn't just beautiful. That happens some times - I watch a movie to see HBC and it ends up being good. I will watch movies just to see other of my favorites and then I end up watching Slaves of New York. BBC good for quality though, well, at least BBC is good for what I want to watch.
I mean, it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but I did enjoy it. I neither loved nor hated any of characters - except the mother, I hated her. All the characters had their good and bad and the relationships between them were complex, yet it was strangely slow pace - which I like. The lives of these people were so seamlessly interwoven - I found myself rooting for an adulterous man to be with his wife's sister. They go through so much and. . .UGH - I don't want to give away anything more than IMDB but the writers/director/actors really made me grow very attached to these characters.
It was very theatrical which, not surprisingly, appealed very much to me. The light was unrealistic but simple and beautiful. It was very much the way we like to style the 1930's from the 21st century yet realistic enough that it was believable.











































No comments:
Post a Comment