Wednesday, April 18, 2012






THE HOURS (2002)
Directed by Stephen Daldry
Photography by Seamus McGarvey
Starring Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman & Julianne Moore

     "Some one has to die in order the rest of us should value life more. It's contrast."

    This film is just so beautiful, not only physically but the story as well. The use of color is amazing - each women's story has its own color scheme and with it, it's own feeling - three feeling are all altogether separate yet exactly the same. The use of light and dark - I mean, a blacken flower shop? Amazing. Not to mention the music or the performances. The motifs - the flowers and the eggs. I love flowers and if you read my blog, you know I love eggs.
This film, in my humble opinion, is a timeless masterpiece. In the words of Seth Rudetsky, I'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment