Today, I changed the blog title to Something Made of Fire & Music. It is from a scene in All About Eve in which the veterans of the stage are speaking of the new, refreshing youth of Eve and her performance. Margo speaks mockingly of how highly they regard her performance and repeats it, referring to Eve as "Princess Music and Fire." I can't completely explain why I love this scene so much, nor why I chose it to be my title seeing as it is said only once without any irony. They talk about Eve with such fervor - how, through her youth, she was able to bring something new to the work. Photography is all appropriation, I want to bring my own music and fire to it and in that I guess I am poking fun myself, like, "Who do you think you are, music and fire?" I guess, in a way, I hope that, one day, some one will actually speak of my work as being full of music and fire. It would be quite a feat to receive such snide a reaction from my own Margo.
I am just obsessed with All About Eve and Bette Davis and Margo Channing.
It really is, if nothing else, a satirical title.
No comments:
Post a Comment