These are the first pictures of Ava that I've taken in the winter, well, it's been the first winter since I started taking pictures of her. It's almost been a year since I took that first set. I felt bad with this set, she was horribly cold but that didn't seem to stop her much. That little girl knows how to get her picture taken. I want her to be in a Marc Jacobs ad one day. I told her that I wanted her to be creepy, so she was. We went to this park - not far from her house because we were losing light so quickly. The pond was frozen, it was freezing, there was no one around and it was so silent other than the numerous crows.
We took a couple of picture and after, what I'm estimating to have been, 30 minutes, she said, "I want to leave this scary place." It was adorable. But, it really was unsettling. I want to get the creepy feel of the atmosphere and the crows were really a big part of that, so a took a video clip of her with my phone. I told her to look dead. I like the creak of the swing and the low-quality of it - it's kind of makes it creepier, like a serial killer documenting her work....I kind of want to do it with adults. Like, have a series of short video clips of 'dead' bodies in motion. It's a bit cliche, but I think it'd be fun.











No comments:
Post a Comment