Tuesday, July 12, 2011

8.


      My Ma Tante has a little patch of green down the street from her home. Somewhere in between the old mill city and the new, somewhat shanty, city is this raspberry bush. I know that by the time I'm her age it will not be there, her home probably won't be, her street may not be but I will have the memory and the picture of that little raspberry bush.
     Is it strange that one of the only reasons I want so badly to photograph now is so that in 50 years I can show the young people of that generation what it was like for me? I am that kid that enjoys talking to old people, maybe even prefer it to people my own age, and learning what life was like in a different time. I want to be that old lady some day. I really can't wait for what I know now to be antiquated. I want to talk about the raspberry bush in the middle of one of NH's biggest cities. I want to talk about how people would hang canadian flags for the fourth of July. I want to tell them I remember when Kate married the prince.
     Everything is going to change - it must, which is nothing but frightening. I have a tendency to live in the past and I feel like I am already living in the past in the present from the future. That totally makes sense in my head. The point is, I really have to start living in the present for the present from the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment