Camping is quite a barbaric practice. Why, if we have the technology to do otherwise, do people choose to go live as if they were lost in the wilderness? I mean, it was fun when I was young child, but now I really can't find the appeal in sleeping in the muggy woods, going to bed dirty and smelling of lobster (not exactly complaining about that) and smoke. I LOVE the smell of campfire but not on me as sleep - not when smelling of it was the easier/cheaper/potentially cleaner option for the night. I understand the monetary motivations but I would prefer to just go up to Maine for a day trip or to stay at an inn for less time and a highly nightly charge. I love Ogunquit, but no one in Ogunquit love those who aren't properly groomed and how is supposed to properly groom themselves in a campground? She's not. That's the point.
We always go camping for my mother's birthday, that is why I go. She calls it vacation. I call it that time when I have to bathe in public restrooms for $0.25 a 7 minutes of a shower - the temperature of which is constantly fluctuating from very hot to very cold. It's fun for the three or four day spouts that I am allotted from work, anything more would woefully unamusing. I'm glad my mother enjoys it, I'm glad that I'm home.
This trip was strange in other ways too. I kept feeling like I shouldn't be there - like I should be doing something productive, but I can't think of what I would have been doing....
Oh, and this camping trip broke my iPhone. -___-







No comments:
Post a Comment